Photo by Trent, taken while hiking
at Emerald Lake in
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
03/14/2009



April 6, 2008

Don't bother with the vinegar!

Well, here is my update, just as promised!

Despite my attempts at a cure with apple cider vinegar, there was no stopping this bug's relentless march to its death. My immune system, while not as speedy as Coral's, nevertheless cleaned out my digestive system in the same tried-and-true method. Now I am in recovery mode. I have felt a bit feverish today with unusual aches and pains which are slowly improving.

We were not able to go to the prison services, unfortunately, but sometimes things are just simply out of our control.

(In defense of the vinegar, though, nothing works on my heartburn as well as apple cider vinegar. Sounds crazy and impossible, but it is true.)

4 comments:

Renae said...

It is also great to clean out your coffee pot! (Actually plain vinegar will do for this.) Run it through like you are making coffee, and it will clean all the inner tubes. Next thing you know, coffee pot is faster!

Sorry, I digress from your post . . .
:-)

Hope you are feeling better!

--r

Jeanette said...

Hi, Renae! Thanks for the info on the coffee pot cleanup! I also keep plain vinegar diluted with water in a spray bottle to use on Coral's wheelchair seat. It works wonders with the odors!

I am feeling nearly back to normal, thanks!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

My oh my!
I hope this is going to be an ongoing feature on this blog!

What an amazing idea to post some of those pics on your header!

What do we do 'bout the separation anxiety related to the former look? Yah, put up with it, C-A! In fact, if you change this from to time, that in itself will become my comfy little rut!

Jeanette said...

I loved that other picture so much myself. Looking at it made me feel so calm and peaceful. But I needed something that looked less like Christmas and more like now, so there you go!

I have asked Gord for permission to use one of his bird pictures next. He has some GREAT ones, so next month I hope to put up something new again.

Sorry to put a rock in your rut, C-A! I miss the other picture myself, to tell you the truth...