Photo by Trent, taken while hiking
at Emerald Lake in
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
03/14/2009



April 18, 2009

Brrrr!

According to our thermometer, the temperature yesterday seemed to be stuck right around freezing. The wind was whipping the snow across the yard, though, so it felt colder than that.

Two little robins were out playing in the spring snowstorm, hopping around in the front yard, chasing each other, skittering across the top of the snow banks, and leaving little tracks on the sidewalk. I tried to sneak out the front door to capture their antics, but they were too shy. In fact, if you zoom in on this picture, you can see where this little guy made a quick U-turn on the sidewalk to get to a safe distance when he heard the door opening!

So we gawked at each other through the big front window instead!

6 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

I'd say that's one fat bird!

Renae said...

What a beautiful picture!

I read your previous post, and feel that somehow we were all separated at birth. It stormed here earlier in the week, and I loved it! I live for days like that. :-)

Jeanette said...

We have the opposite of seasonal affective disorder! Maybe we should go find out what is wrong with us!!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

There!
That's it!
Separated at birth!
That's why it's so easy for me to say, "Y'all"!

Jeanette said...

Love you guys!!

Renae said...

You say that with such flair, Carol-Ann! If I didn't know better, I'd think you were a native!