Photo by Trent, taken while hiking
at Emerald Lake in
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
03/14/2009



May 3, 2009

Catch up time!

It's hard to believe that it is over a month now since I went to visit Carol-Ann and her family and my mother. I was in Canada for the last week of March, and it went by so quickly. I don't know why time has to act like that... skipping along when we are having fun, dragging its feet when we're not! It's high time I gave a little report!

Carol-Ann fixed up my bed in her large office area in the basement. This was perfect, as I took my laptop with me, and so down there I could keep up with my medical transcription whenever I wanted to. We settled into a homey routine, and most days I worked in the mornings. Then Bruce came home from work at noon time and shuttled me over to Mum's where I enjoyed the best lunches with her and her friend, Ruth. Then up to Mum's room where we would talk and laugh and catch up. One day I was so tired, I just curled up in her bed and took a nap. When I woke up, she was a bit disappointed that I had not gotten the full two hours of sleep she had hoped I would get! That's my Mum!

At supper time, Bruce would come and pick the two of us up to go back to their house for supper and the evening. I got to watch some of Kinza's favorite shows, which I thoroughly enjoyed, and I just had the best time sharing in their everyday life. I even got to help with homework!!

Here's a picture I took on the day I was leaving. Mum was sitting in the big chair in her room.


My Mum
March 31, 2009
She will be 92 in July.

I showed her this picture on my little camera display, and she exclaimed,
"Oh, there's Daddy's picture in the background!"
And so it is.

6 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

It's always so good to have you here, JJ! Looking forward to the next time already!

Can you believe the integrity of the skin on that ol' gal's face? She scrubs it mercilessly every day with soap and water. What is glamour world doing wrong! Creams and lotions and potions and facelifts and broken bank accounts later just don't bring the same effect!

Jeanette said...

Me, too, Carol-Ann!

The big question... Did she pass those genes on to me???

Amrita said...

Oh Jeanette its good to read that and see Mom 's photo.

I wish I could fly over to my sisters too this way.

Please say a prayer for me my burden seem extra heavy right now.

Jeanette said...

Thanks, Amrita. I wish you could fly away, too. It is so wonderful to get a break.

I have put your name on the front of my computer monitor, and I'm praying for you often.

Louise said...

So glad you had a good time with your sister and your Mom. The glow we see on her face is simply the love of Christ flowing out from her ... she's beautiful and no amount of money or beauty creams can give what she has. You are indeed blessed.

Jeanette said...

Yes, you are right, Louise! I am very blessed, and I'm so thankful for it.