Photo by Trent, taken while hiking
at Emerald Lake in
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
03/14/2009



November 14, 2004

Looking through my old pictures has taken me back in time ... and it's getting to be quite a long way back! (See the picture below.) This year -- in the third grade -- was a year of changes for me. My parents left Liberia (in West Africa) where we had been living as a missionary family and brought us to Beamsville, Ontario for one year. I lost lots of weight because I didn't like "North American" food! I discovered that in some countries, the weather is not always nice and warm. It was the year I started wearing glasses. I totally forgot my part in the church Christmas play. And I saw a piano for the very first time! I was in awe of my father, who knew just which keys to play to make a song. I couldn't imagine how anyone could do something that difficult! I'm remembering what a wonderful childhood I had with the blessing of a family that loved me and taught me that God loves me, too, just the way I am.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Hey J!
This looks so good! I came on with a full mind to look for what I needed to see in order to answer questions in your email, but I got lost in reading and can't remember one of the questions! So it couldn't be that prominent a problem! Ah! Beamsville! I drove by there the other day -- but I didn't drive right through the town -- just saw the cut-off from the highway! Last time I saw Beamsville was that kindergarten year for me -- but amazing how many memories we have from that one year!! Nice to have you here!! C-A

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Just realized I signed a couple of blogs using YOUR name! I think it was only this one AND Jeannie's! Sorry! Didn't realize blogger was signed in wrong! Gotta scoot! have a good day! C=A