Photo by Trent, taken while hiking
at Emerald Lake in
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
03/14/2009



February 13, 2009

Check this out!

Here I sit, hands poised over the keyboard -- and my mind is a blank! I can't seem to find anything to write about these days, and so I haven't been writing. Is this called writer's block? Maybe, but at least my livelihood is not depending on it. If it did, we would be starving! It is so much easier right now to stick on my headphones and type what someone else says rather than to come up with my own words.

So maybe I should do the "picture of the day" thing again for awhile until my mind comes back to me... Yes, I think that might be a really good idea.

Bruce and Carol-Ann in 1986
For today, I am sending you over to Carol-Ann's blog. If you have not been reading her "Be Mine, Valentine" series, you have been missing the Valentine's story of the year!

Click on the link below to get to her blog, and then scroll down on the page until you find "Part 1." She already has 15 installments there, and we are waiting with bated breath for the next one!

9 comments:

Renae said...

Welcome back to blogworld! I have missed you!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

!! "bated breath?"
Ha! This has all been about "baited hook"!

Jeanette said...

Carol-Ann!! I am shocked!! You -- the daughter of Margaret -- baiting a hook??? Oh dearie me! Tell me it ain't so! (evil grin)

Thanks for missing me, Renae! I am off in a few minutes to take Coral to a neurology appointment. I sure hope the doc can figure out a med that will take away the seizures. This last one (Keppra) sure has not worked and the side effects were not worth it even if it had worked... I shall hope to someday be back in blogworld as before!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hey sis, praying for your appointment and wisdom for the doc!

Jeanette said...

Thanks, C-A!

I like this doc. She is thoughtful and careful and answers any questions I have. I print off calendar sheets on which I plot all the seizures, how long they last, med changes, and any other pertinent info and color-code with highlighter so that she can see all the info clearly and any patterns that might develop.

Because of the continued seizure activity on this med, I started a final taper off of it last week, so we have two more weeks of taper left, and then she wants to be off it completely for at least two weeks before we begin the next one. It will probably be Lamictal, but I'm going to do a little further research to see if I have any other suggestions of drugs I would rather try, as she seems open to that, as well.

Amrita said...

You are right David.

Charis said...

So, how is it going? Am praying this doctor will be able to help bring those seizures to an end. Praying for sweet Coral, that God will keep her safe and strong.

Keep me posted.

Renae said...

Oops! "Charis" was really me! I was signed into her account!

Jeanette said...

Hi there, Charis/Renae! I think Carol-Ann has done that on here before, too.

Thanks for asking about Coral and for praying for her, too. I am pleased that Coral seems to be feeling more like her old self and not uncomfortable all the time. She is not having any more seizures than she did while on the higher dose of Keppra, so that is a good thing, too.

I am so far behind on blog world, I may never catch up!