Photo by Trent, taken while hiking
at Emerald Lake in
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
03/14/2009



July 14, 2009

Making ends meet...

I know you must be wondering. Has Jeanette disappeared from blog world? Is everything okay?

No, I haven't quite disappeared...not quite! Yes, everything is okay, but it would be my longest post ever if I were to explain why I feel like this rope! So I will give you the bare bones.

New Grace, the quartet Barry and I sing with, traveled to New Jersey in June to provide the special music at our church's annual convention. This required significant practice time prior to going, as we have not really been singing together for the last year, so for quite a while before we left, my stress level was high as I tried to cover work, Coral's normal care, extra practice, working out the details of Coral's supervision and care during our absence, and then actually packing and remembering everything to take with us. Aunt Paula took charge of all Coral's care for the 10 days we were gone, and Andrea arrived from California and was able to help for the last week or so.

The convention went well, and besides that, we were able to see Barry's mother and actually stayed at her house the whole time we were in New Jersey. This was great, as I have not seen her for quite a long time, and it was wonderful to catch up a little bit with extended family and friends. After the convention was over, we (Barry, my brother Gord, and I) drove north from New Jersey to Toronto, Canada, where we spent two days visiting my mother and Carol-Ann and her family (which, as you know, is one of my VERY FAVORITE things to do!)

All in all, the time away was a blessing and refresher for me. But, as with most of my little jaunts away from home, there is a price to pay when I get back, and this time was a doozey. We jumped right into work catch-up, arrangements and funeral services for our friend Warren who passed away just before we left home, and helping with Gord and Paula's departure for a 5-week trip to Liberia.

It seems like each day I get up at the usual time and hope I can get a good start on my work. But then the time gets eaten up by other very important things, and I arrive at the evening with most of my work still to be done. I have been working until 2 or 3 a.m. and getting up again at the usual time each morning with less and less "oomph" for what has to be done.

So I have been a little shadow in blogland, but I hope -- oh, how I hope! -- that things will soon be back to normal! I may never totally catch up, but as soon as I can, I will visit you!
.

6 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Well! I wondered if this was how your dots were connecting! Don't worry about blogworld! We all come in and out of it as our ropes fray and mend!

Renae said...

Oh, I have missed you! And I have been out of the loop, too, but for entirely different reasons.

Glad your trip went well - it sounds wonderful! Please tell Barry hello for me, and give Miss Coral a big hug from Renae. Pretty please. :-)

Love you!

Louise said...

Good to hear from you and hopefully things can settle down soon. I so enjoy and appreciate 'ordinary' days.

Amrita said...

So now we know why you disappeared from the shadowlands of the cyberworld,.

Nice little escapade all across N America..

Rattlesnake Trail and all!

God blss you Jeanette , glad you got time get away an visit family and friends while making sure Coral was being taken of.

Hugs to you

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Happy Anniversary to YOOOOOOOOOu!
Happy Anniversary to YOOOOOOOOOu!
Happy Anniversary to YOU TWO!
Happy Anniversary to YOOOOOOOOOu!

Drum roll, cymbal crash, cheer, applause!

Jeanette said...

Thank you, my friends, for your comments! I have missed you!

And thanks for the anniversary wishes, Carol-Ann! I could never have pictured this journey when I started out on it 31 years ago!