Photo by Trent, taken while hiking
at Emerald Lake in
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
03/14/2009



January 11, 2008

Update on Cecil

I thought you might want to know how Cecil is doing. He had his surgery on Monday. He called me this afternoon to say he was home safely, and he said that they (meaning he and his wife) nearly had a nervous breakdown just getting home. I laughed and asked, "Why, Cecil? Were you driving?" He said, "No!" Then we really laughed. I told him, "Cecil, I know you so well! I knew without you telling me that you were nervous because you weren't driving!!" He just hates it when Jean drives, even though she is a very good driver!

I'm so thankful that our prayers have been answered and Cecil is doing so well. The doctor told him today that they see no need for chemotherapy because they have not found cancer in his lymph nodes or anywhere else. I am pretty sure we can't do without him, and, at least for now, God has decided Cecil still has work to do! If I know Cecil, there will be no grass growing under his feet, and we will have to scurry to keep up with him!



Here is Cecil with Barry and me at our 25th anniversary celebration, telling a funny story about us, I'm sure!

2 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Well this is just too wonderful to even be able to comment on! Comments seem mundane! So glad for the update! Great picture from your anniversary as well! Nice to have a pic of Jean also! I'm not so sure that I would have recognized her. Had a good laugh about the "trip home".

Jeanette said...

Yes, it IS wonderful!

It was funny on the phone, because Cecil was so serious until I started laughing, and then he just had to give in and laugh with me! I'm going to have to kid him about it when Jean is there to get HER side of the story! I can only imagine what it was really like!