Photo by Trent, taken while hiking
at Emerald Lake in
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
03/14/2009



January 13, 2008

A visit with Cecil and Jean

This afternoon Barry, Gord, and I drove down to see Cecil. (Once again, I forgot my camera, or I could post a few pictures. I think I need to make a big sign: Remember the camera! and post it on the door where I will see it as I leave the house!) Cecil lives in a southern suburb of Denver, and we are on the north side. It takes about an hour and a half round trip.

Cecil is under strict orders from the doctors to do absolutely nothing for 2 weeks. He was relaxing in his bedroom watching football, and when we arrived, he came out to the recliner. He looks so good! He and Jean believe it is a miracle, and I agree. He was on epidural pain meds for the first 3 days, but has been off that now for 2 days. While we were there, Jean brought him a pill. No words were exchanged, but I guess when you have been married 60+ years, you can tell when your husband needs a pain pill even when others don't realize it! This was about 3:30 p.m., and he said he hadn't needed one since about 10:00 p.m. yesterday, more than 12 hours, and that is really wonderful.

Cecil regaled us with stories like only he can. There is never a dull moment when we are with him. His birthday will be on January 20, and he will still not be free to leave home, so when we get a bit closer to that date, we will see how he is feeling and maybe take a meal over to help him celebrate or wait a bit longer until the doctor says he is free to go out. He is already hoping that the doctor will let him go to our next prison service, the first Sunday of February (Super Bowl Sunday, I do believe!) Just as I thought... There is no grass growing under his feet!

4 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Ha! Great pic to go with the write-up! No grass!

Jeanette said...

I know! Stroke of luck!

Louise said...

Hi Jeanette, I saw your comment on a friend's blog and thought I would look at yours. I really enjoy it and plan on visiting again.
God bless.

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog, because after watching the movie against all hope. I did a google search for Cecil Moe.
I don't know if they are one and the same, but I do pray for your Cecil, and enjoyed reading about him, and about Jean, and about you.
Thank you so much for your posts. You live in a beautiful area of the country, and your pictures are glorious. I enjoyed my visit here.