Photo by Trent, taken while hiking
at Emerald Lake in
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
03/14/2009



February 18, 2008

After Valentine's Day

I wanted to have this post done for Valentine's Day, but life happens, and so this didn't quite make it in time. This year will make 30 years married to Barry. I can look in the mirror and see that it has been 30 years, and yet somehow that time seems to have evaporated. We are older now and wiser (I hope!), but even with 30 extra years of wisdom, I could not have picked a better person to live my life with. After 30 years, I would choose him all over again.

I've been going through all my pictures and have thoroughly enjoyed that little journey through time. Here are a few that I hope you will enjoy, too!

THE EARLY YEARS...

Here he is with his mom and dad and older sister Martha.


Left to right: Barry, Paula, and Martha

Look at all the scabs on his face! What had he been up to? Or was it chickenpox?

A little older...


Soccer was his favorite past-time!

Barry's parents let him spend 2 weeks with our family so that we could practice music to sing at a big event in the city.
Left to right: Carol-Ann, Barry, me, Gord

Left to right: Dad, Barry, Paula, Mom (Of course, this was before they were actually "Mom" and "Dad" to me!)


Nearly 30 years ago!



A wonderful dad...



Helping Coral with her weightbearing exercises.









It's a good thing I decided to stop after "the early years," or we'd be here all day!
I love you, Barry. You will always be my Valentine.

11 comments:

Louise said...

How sweet this is. What a blessing to say that after 30 years, you would choose him all over again. 30 years of happy marriage is pert near a miracle in this day & age! Congratulations and may God give you 30 more, at least!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

What great fun for Kinza and me to go through these pix tonight! It just can't be 5 years already since we were there for your 25th!

Love the picture of Trent on his Dad's back!

Ya know, J, you and I struck it rich when it came to our men! They are also so similar in so many things it is uncanny! I hope and pray that my little gal finds a guy with qualities like Barry and Bruce!

Jeanette said...

Thank you, Louise! I know I am truly blessed!

You are so right, Carol-Ann! It wasn't until my last visit with you that I began to really notice it. That is pretty amazing. Yes, I pray the same thing for Kinza, but where will my son go to find someone like us???!!! Ha ha ha!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hey! Did you hear my laughter ringin' out across the plains and rivers and meadows and rockies? I just read your comment back to me about where would Trent go to find someone like us!!!!! Yah! Real problem!

Jeanette said...

Ha ha ha ha ha! I'm joining you in that ringing laughter, sis!

Louise said...

Hi Jeanette, thank you for leaving your post on my site today.

I highly recommend a book titled "Heaven" to you .. it's written by Randy Alcorn and you can order it from his ministry web site: www.epm.org.
Rev. Alcorn is an excellent teacher and writer and I have a quite a few of his books. The book Heaven though, has changed me and helped me see what we have waiting for us. If we could but glimpse just a tiny fraction of what is there, we would mourn for ourselves rather than those who have gone ahead.

May God bless you Jeanette. I look at your photo and am inspired and blessed. You simply radiate God's goodness in that picture.

Jeanette said...

Hi, Louise. Thank you so much for your comment. It made me cry and lifted my day right up! Thank you also for the info about the book. I hope to have it soon.

From the first day that I visited your blog, something warmed my heart and pointed me toward Jesus. Even the name of your blog strikes me every time I visit, and I spend some time just looking at that picture. One day I caught myself saying out loud: I would just love to have Louise as my next-door neighbor! Then I laughed at myself! But I am so thankful that I dropped by to visit your blog. And who knows, maybe we will be next door in heaven!

Louise said...

Hi Jeanette, I wanted to thank you for your words again and ask your permission to add them to what I wrote yesterday.

I would absolutely love to be your neighbor! There is something very special about you and I am thankful that we've 'met' through this blog. If we never meet here, we can be assured we shall in heaven.

May this day be wonder-filled and may you learn more & more of God's richness towards you, for you are His child.

Jeanette said...

Hi Louise:

Well, let's just consider ourselves neighbors no matter where we are!

You certainly have my permission to use anything I wrote. Thank you for asking me.

I pray that your rejoicing for Arlene will far outshadow the pain of the memory of her suffering and her absence.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanette!

I'm at Carol's house and I've just read your blog from beginning to end. Now Kinza's helping me to give my little comment. It's just great! The pictures are lovely, from away back there! They bring back such memories, happy and sad. You've done a great job!

Love, Mother

Jeanette said...

I can't believe I got a comment from Mother! What? 90+ and blogging? That is one cool grandma, I would say! Thank you, Kinza, for helping!

I'm so glad you have enjoyed reading the blog. It must have taken you a long time to read the whole thing! Maybe we can do the webcam again some day soon! This has been a rather tough and long week for me, so I haven't been able to post. I hope to be able to again soon, though, maybe even just to say it has been a long week.
Love,
Jeanette