Photo by Trent, taken while hiking
at Emerald Lake in
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
03/14/2009



February 2, 2008

Carol-Ann

I have been sorting through pictures hoping to find the ones I can see in my mind's eye and which I really wanted to put here for you, but no such luck! They are probably slides residing at Carol-Ann's house. Most of the pictures our parents took when we were little were slides. The snapshots that I have left are pretty much ruined by the tropical moisture in Liberia where we grew up, but I do have a few usable ones, so here they are!


This is the earliest picture I could find of Carol-Ann! Here are Gord and me with our new baby sister.


Isn't she the sweetest little thing? I think Carol-Ann is 2 or 3 years old here. (You can see a bit of the damage I mentioned.)


Carol-Ann with Samuel and his mom.


Carol-Ann's kindergarten picture taken when our family came back to Canada for a year.


Carol-Ann and I were absolutely thrilled to be bridesmaids. She was about 9, I think, and I would have been about 12. Isn't she elegant! (Am I chewing on something??!)


Here she is as a teenager...


...with Gord and me...


...and with Bruce!


So here is a tiny snippet of history-in-pictures for Carol-Ann! I just love all the remembering that looking at these brings to me. So much fun, fighting, playing Monopoly, laughing, crying, working, singing... Well, you just had to have been there to really know what I mean! I love you, Carol-Ann!

4 comments:

Louise said...

Pictures make the memories come alive again and take us back in time. We need to do that from time to time. To remember and honor those who are a part of us is a very good thing.
Bless you.

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hey there Sis!
Ya made me cry, ya did!

This post has had incredible timing for me! Can't explain on a blog but will send you an email later this week.

Very tough days!
Thanks for your love!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

I was looking at the pictures in this post again this morning and wondering about something ...

Was that Edwin or was that Edwin's wife with their child?

I have never thought of Edwin as being younger than me. And I thought when he died that he was at least in his forties -- but I would say that was more than twenty years ago.

Whenever I think of Edwin I think also of the lady who produces the "Youth" paper -- ummmm .... Helen! Helen Kuleskey. She could never say enough bright and warm and Edwin and was broken-hearted when he died.

Eh life!

Jeanette said...

Carol-Ann, you may be quite right. Now that you are asking, I am not sure, but I do think Mother will know. If you can find out what the name should be, tell me,and I will change it. I think you must be right, but now my mind is not coming up with the right name for either mom or baby!