Photo by Trent, taken while hiking
at Emerald Lake in
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
03/14/2009



November 14, 2008

SURPRISE!

Okay, this is a first for me! I'm just as surprised as you are that it seems to have turned out okay! Ha ha!

So here's the story...
Carol-Ann has been writing songs since she was a kid, and I have lost track of how many there even are, but some time ago I recorded one of them as part of a CD made by our prison ministry group. If I am remembering correctly, this song -- I Am Tempted Too -- was written way back when we were still living in Liberia, so Carol-Ann must have been a teenager.

The brain wave hit me that maybe -- just maybe -- I could actually put together some pictures of Carol-Ann with the song as background. So I went digging on my computer and, by trial and error, came up with this! Oh, how I love learning how to do new things!

Two things to note --
First, the music doesn't start until you get to the first photo, so don't be worried that the sound is not working.
Second, the song is not meant to be a commentary on the pictures! The words don't match the photos at all!

I hope you enjoy it! And I hope your birthday week has been great, C-A!


4 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

WOW!!!!!
I am flabbergasted!
What a gift!
Thank you so, so, much!
That was such a surprise to find this evening and I'm at a complete loss for anything else to say! I have had such fun this week looking for your posts -- you've really stretched out the celebration and haven't let me forget that I've had a birthday!

Jeanette said...

I loved making this, Carol-Ann! I really wished I had a whole different bunch of pictures to choose from, but they are all in slide form still, so maybe next time!

I'm SO glad you like it, though! That makes it doubly worthwhile!

Renae said...

Okay, I am way behind. We have been passing around the flu, and somehow I totally missed this post!

I love it! I don't even know where to begin. First of all, Jeanette, you have such an amazing voice! And I'll bet that was you playing the piano, too, wasn't it? Wow. Double wow.

And Carol-Ann, what a gifted song-writer you are! I hope you are still using that gift.

And the pictures! What fun! I loved watching the two of you grow up! I think my favorite was of the 2 of you laughing, when Carol-Ann is leaning on your shoulders.

This has brought a smile to my day. Thanks so much, Jeanette!

(((hugs)))

Jeanette said...

Oh, I'm so glad you like this post, Renae! Your comment was just what I needed this morning to pick me up out of the doldrums of dictation (sorry, docs!)

I so appreciate your compliments! Thank you! (Yes, that is me playing the piano.)

I'm not sure if Carol-Ann is in the song-writing season of her life right now, but I would love to hear another song from her. She has many, many from previous days, but this is the only one I actually had a recording of that I could put on my computer. She has one more on YouTube which I think is one of the choices that comes up on the side when you click on the link I gave. It is "The Lame Shall Take the Prey."

That's my favorite picture, too! We are just loving something, but I sure don't remember what! Ha ha! I'm so missing Carol-Ann now after spending a whole week on thinking of ways to make her birthday special!

GET BACK TO WORK, JEANETTE!

(((hugs back to you)))