Photo by Trent, taken while hiking
at Emerald Lake in
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
03/14/2009



November 11, 2008

Tuesday's Music!

I would have to say that this group is my current favorite. Not too long ago, Barry, Coral, Gord, and I drove to a concert in eastern Colorado, and it was worth every bit of the effort we put into getting there. They have the most beautiful harmony, great songs with life-changing lyrics, and a lot of humor, too! They are the only group I have ever heard say, "If you would like some of our music and are not able to pay tonight, pull one of us aside and let us know. You can send the money later when you are able."

The song I really wanted to link to is "I Would," which tells the story of a little boy in a candy store, but I could find only one online link to that, and it is not the best quality. So instead here is one that was recorded here in our Colorado Red Rocks amphitheater. In fact, you won't see us, but we were sitting there on that hillside during this concert! We saw lots of our favorite singers, including this group, The Booth Brothers.


Castles in the Sand -- by The Booth Brothers




(Left to right: Michael Booth, Ronnie Booth, Jim Brady)



PS: This link can in no way convey the beauty and clarity of their sound. Their website has sample mp3s that will show you what I mean!

1 comment:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

I really liked this song, JJ! The expressions on their faces as they sing are genuine and clear.

Funny little intro there that God was showing off when He made Colorado!

Thanks for the intro to this group. I must say I am very unfamiliar with the newer groups. But the old ones are slowly but surely dyin' off so it is good to have this insiders' report!