Photo by Trent, taken while hiking
at Emerald Lake in
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
03/14/2009



November 12, 2008

Wednesday's Music!

Sometimes a song comes along that makes you cry. I can think of a lot of people who fit into this song very well, so here's a link especially for you!

This group is one of the most musically talented families, The Isaacs. Lily is the mom and was born in Germany to parents who survived the Holocaust. Ben, Sonya, and Becky are her three children, and they sing and play a variety of musical instruments (very, very well, too!). This particular song was written by Sonya and Becky.




Heroes -- by The Isaacs
(The song actually ends at about 4:38 on the timer)





(Left to right: Lily, Ben, Sonya, and Becky)

3 comments:

Louise said...

I know every group you've named thus far and enjoy their music. My Mom & my youngest sister Kay go to the National Quartet Convention in KY every year and have met many of the folks in these groups...The Hoppers, The Booth brothers, etc. One group I like is the Primitive Quartet as I have two distant cousins who are in it.
Happy Birthday Carol-Ann! Thank you for inspiring this week of music ... what a great idea Jeanette!

Jeanette said...

Oh, Louise, I am so delighted that you posted this comment! Barry and I went to the NQC one year and took Coral with us. She loved it. We were there on the fateful 9/11 and saw the whole thing in our motel room which, of course, I will never forget.

I like the Primitive Quartet, too, but we don't have as many recordings of them, so I haven't had a chance to hear them as much.

It's been sort of quiet on the blog, so I haven't been sure if this was a good idea or not, but I have been enjoying searching out the links. Some of the ones I have really wanted have not been available, so I have been using the next best thing. I love this music so much that if I listen with my headphones on (great sound!) my work can be forgotten, which is a definite no-no! What a blessing good music is!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hey JJ
I really am enjoying the daily music this week and look forward to seeing what's next! The Isaacs are just amazing. Beyond the Spirit of their music, they are in the "Favourites" category because of all the instruments they play -- plus, they are a cute family just to watch!