Photo by Trent, taken while hiking
at Emerald Lake in
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
03/14/2009



December 2, 2008

PICTURE OF THE DAY -- 12/02/2008

Snowed under, that's me... so here is a quick post just so you know I'm still here!



When Barry went to visit his mom last month, he called us every night. Of course, Coral talked to him, too, and that first evening her face was so alive and lit up with excitement that I told myself to have the camera ready the next time.

Wouldn't you know it, I had battery issues, so it was actually the third call before I was ready --
one hand holding the phone... the other one taking a picture... knowing she was not going to like the flash...
This is just a little reflection of what I saw the first night!
Total excitement and thrill in talking to her beloved Daddy!

(I wish I had counted how many times Coral said, "I miss my Daddy. I need him.")


7 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

yahoo! a new post! and what a cute one! I can just hear the carryings on!

Jeanette said...

I'm sure you can just imagine! The funny thing is that when I, who do just about everything in the daily care department, go to Canada for a week, she doesn't say a word. Meanwhile, when Barry goes away, it is nonstop missing him!! Ha ha ha! She is such a Daddy's girl!!

Amrita said...

Oooh she looks so happy. Glad you got a picture of hers. Hello Coral.

Renae said...

Oh, I love this! Charis is a Daddy's girl, too, so she and Coral are alike! And I know exactly how you feel. I guess there's just something about little girls and their Daddies.

So glad you got this snapshot! Barry will treasure getting to see Coral's face all lit up at the sound of his voice!

Jeanette said...

I'm glad you like this picture. Coral has so much personality!

Louise said...

She reminds me of what we could look like when we're talking with our heavenly Father ... excited and thrilled. A beautiful picture and a beautiful reminder of my Father.
Blessings.

Jeanette said...

Thanks, Louise! My thoughts exactly!