Photo by Trent, taken while hiking
at Emerald Lake in
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
03/14/2009



June 9, 2008

PICTURE OF THE DAY -- 06/09/2008

Daddy teasing Coral...yet again!

Coral loves having a dad who teases her constantly. He's always asking her if she wants a cup of coffee (which she is sure she hates), or if she's ready for bed (in the middle of the day), and generally makes her life lots of fun. Actually, he makes all of our lives lots of fun, even people who don't know us.

This past Friday, Coral and I had an appointment for her with her new primary care physician. Our previous one moved away, so this was a "get to know you" kind of visit. On Wednesday the phone rang, and Barry answered it. I heard him say, "You want to speak to Coral? .... Do you even know who she is? ... Just a minute..." I quickly chased after him as he was taking the phone to Coral!

"Who is it?" I mouthed at him. He was grinning from ear to ear. "The doctor's office! They asked to speak to Coral!" he mouthed back at me! He handed over the phone, and I went into apology mode. "I'm so sorry!" I told the lady on the other end. "My daughter has cerebral palsy and she couldn't possibly take a phone call like this. What were you calling about?" She said in her now somewhat frayed-sounding professional voice, "I am calling to remind Coral of her appointment with Dr. Burnett on Friday at 3:20 p.m." I assured her we were planning to be there and hung up the phone. "That poor girl probably had 20 calls to make and started with us at the beginning of the alphabet!" I scolded. But it was really so funny that we just burst out laughing. I told Barry, "As soon as we get to that office, you know that lady is going to be checking us out to know just what kind of people we are!!"

On Friday Coral and I arrived in good time, pushing our way through the door and into the little waiting area. There were two girls behind the desk. As soon as they heard Coral's name, one of them started to giggle and said, "Your husband was giving me a hard time on the phone the other day!" We all had a good laugh, and I told them, "He makes Coral's life interesting! In fact, he makes all of our lives interesting!"


4 comments:

Renae said...

Both my daddy and my husband are big teasers. It makes life fun, doesn't it? :-)

--r

Carol-Ann Allen said...

This sounds just like Barry! Too funny! Kinza and I are in stitches!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

PS. Kinza just said, "Can't you see Dad doing that as well?!" I have to agree! Yet another comparison between those two! The similarities are uncanny!

Jeanette said...

Where would we be without our teasing men, Renae?! You are right, life would not be nearly as much fun!

Okay, C-A and Kinza, the even funnier thing is that when I was writing the post, I thought of Bruce and could picture him doing something similar!! Can you believe that? This is definitely uncanny, girls!