Photo by Trent, taken while hiking
at Emerald Lake in
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
03/14/2009



October 7, 2008

PICTURE OF THE DAY - 10/06/2008

I am waiting to see if I can get a picture of Trent at the top of Humboldt Peak to include in the last set of pictures about that adventure,
so in the meantime I thought you would like to see this...
...(or would you??)
This past Saturday, Trent and Brad (Mike's Dad) went to do a little mountain hiking. Guess where they were when this little fellow crossed their path? Bet you can't guess!
Yep! They were in "Rattlesnake Gulch!" I guess it is called that for a very good reason!
It was a bit chilly up there, and this rattlesnake never rattled to warn them. In fact, Trent said he nearly stepped on him. It's a good thing he was wearing hiking boots, if you ask me!

If you can get past all the snakiness of him, he has awfully pretty markings, don't you think?
(I used to help my brother Gord skin snakes in Liberia, so my opinion probably doesn't count!)

8 comments:

Renae said...

Well, (ahem) please tell Trent THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THAT IMAGE JUST AS I'M GETTING READY TO GO TO BED. Now I will dream about slithery things.

Thank you, Trent. Truly, from the bottom of my heart.

;-)

--r

Jeanette said...

Ha ha! Sweet dreams, Renae!

I apologize from the bottom of my heart! :D

Renae said...

New picture, please. ;-)

Jeanette said...

Renae, you make me laugh! I will put up a new one (or more than one) tonight. Just sent my finished dictation off, and I have a whole pile of collard greens picked and sitting in a box in the kitchen to be cooked to freeze, so I have to do that first.

Do you ever have them? I LOVE them on rice. Maybe I will have to post my recipe sometime soon! They are so healthy, but most people I know are sure they don't like them (without ever tasting them). I guess I can be kind of like that, too, though! :)

Renae said...

Jeanette, You have to change the picture.

When you asked, "Do you ever have them? I love them on rice," all I could think was, Do I ever have snakes? She likes to eat snake with rice?

PLEASE CHANGE YOUR PICTURE!!!!!!!

I love collard greens, by the way.

Jeanette said...

Have have snake on the brain, girl! I will REALLY have to change that picture!

The collards are cooking...so I will soon be able to work on my blog. I'm so glad to hear you like collards! I've been snapping a few pictures for future use.

Carol-Ann Allen said...

I agree with Renae!
I can't stand pix of snakes!
Never, ever!
Glad Trent had good boots on!

Jeanette said...

I shall have to post another snake picture soon just for you ladies! :D