Photo by Trent, taken while hiking
at Emerald Lake in
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
03/14/2009



October 25, 2008

PICTURE OF THE DAY -- 10/25/2008

The Dining Room

Here is another picture from long ago... the dining room in our home in Liberia.
You can see the splotchy floor I mentioned once before.

Look at the mat ceiling! Even in this old picture, you can see the beautiful woven pattern. I would love to have one of those mats on my ceiling now...

Do you see those two little pictures on the wall? Those are the ones I have searched in the antique stores to find and which my mother does not remember that she had! But I remember them clearly, and here is the proof that they were not in my imagination! I have found some that are sort of like these, and I will show them to you next time.


4 comments:

Renae said...

OH, that IS a beautiful ceiling. I know people who would pay lots of money for a textured ceiling like that one.

I love seeing these pictures of your childhood in Liberia.

I'll bet others would love it too. Like, say . . . a publisher?

(Hint, hint)

Jeanette said...

I can't help grinning every time we have this conversation! I think you are breaking me in to the idea real slow-like!

I see there is one of the old treadle sewing machines in front of the window. Did you ever use one of those, Renae? (Maybe you are WAY too young for that!)

Renae said...

Mom and Dad had one that belonged to my great grandmother, but they recently took the top off and turned it into a coffee table. The foot pedal still works, though.

Jeanette said...

I think that is a wonderful idea -- a useful way to utilize something that has been in the family for a long time!