Photo by Trent, taken while hiking
at Emerald Lake in
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
03/14/2009



October 12, 2008

PICTURE OF THE DAY - 10/12/2008

Coral with "The Boys"

Here she is, sitting next to me in my office. She was having so much fun that I had to take her picture! But she looks like this so much of the time that this is not a rare moment to show you but more of a glimpse of her personality and how you would probably find her if you dropped in for a visit.

Coral has with her "The Boys" who I have mentioned before...Kirk the long-legged fox, the bells, and Elmo. She is not entirely happy until she has them properly positioned and has her Big Elmo sitting somewhere nearby. Once everything is as it should be, she can think about other things!

She has more pure enjoyment of life bottled up in her than most people ever get to experience, and maybe it is because even the very little things get her attention!


9 comments:

Louise said...

Oh the joy on this child's face!
What a blessing!

Renae said...

Look at that smile! So glad you posted this picture. She will light up the internet!

I would love to be able to give Coral a real, live hug. Give her one for me, will you?

Anonymous said...

The picture of Coral is so sweet! She looks a picture of joy!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

"Grandma" was all chokey as she said her two lines! This picture is just SO Coral! How often we see her like that when we visit!

Jeanette said...

Yes, Louise, Coral is a blessing, and her joy fills our lives. I gave her a hug for you, Renae! She loves hugs and kisses. Sometimes I'm working away and I feel her leaning towards me, so I look at her, and she's trying to kiss me but just can't reach. No matter what I am doing, it is never as important as getting close enough for her to kiss me!

Thanks for all your comments! :)
Well, Grandma Hodgson! We are SO glad you got to see Coral's picture! I know she wishes she could see you, too! Yes, Carol-Ann, this is "so Coral" and that is why I love the picture so much!

Jeanette said...

That "thanks for all your comments" got in the wrong place! Should have been at the end. Sorry!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Kinza and I were looking at Trent's pictures tonight -- she thinks it is adorable how he calls you from the mountaintop on his cell phone and gives you pix for your blog!! She said, "Aaaaaaaw! Air hug!" and she made a big circle in the air with her arms! Secretly, I know she hopes that one day she will have a son like that! Now I have to fight her for the mouse so that I can click on "Publish your comment". If this is published, you know I won!!!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Now then ... what I, KINZA wanted to say!!!

These pictures reminded me of my Music Theory teacher's brother, who this past spring reached his goal of climbing to the very top of Mt. Everest. He became the 51st Canadian to reach this amazing goal!!

A few weeks ago he came to my school and gave a fantastic presentation.
His name is Scott Kress (Google him ... very interesting)

*Trent DON'T GET ANY CRAZY IDEAS OF GOING TO THE TOP OF MT. EVEREST*

Kinza :)

Jeanette said...

You two made my evening with your comments! I have been out all evening helping Paula do shopping for the cafeteria and just found them!

I will have to check out Scott Tress, Kinza! He sounds like one spunky guy! I hope that the 51 Canadians who made it to the top also got safely down again--??

I was pleased as punch that Trent called me, too! I think it was a miracle that he had phone service there!