Photo by Trent, taken while hiking
at Emerald Lake in
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
03/14/2009



August 3, 2008

PICTURE OF THE DAY -- 08/04/2008


My shelf of memories

The memory shelf is getting crowded now. I think I need to make it into two shelves because everything doesn't fit on here anymore.
One of my favorite things to do is to browse through secondhand and antique stores looking for things I remember from my childhood -- household items, my mother's knickknacks, books I read, the razor strap (!) -- little things that can immediately bring back times long ago.

Today I have a picture of the whole shelf, but over the next little while I will take things off this shelf for "show and tell." There are a few extra things, too, that aren't in this picture that may just have to be included!

4 comments:

Renae said...

I can't wait to hear the stories behind each of these things!

Jeanette said...

Thanks, Renae!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Me too!
I wonder how our stories would match!

Jeanette said...

Hey, C-A! What do you and I have in common with Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John? (Answer: We tell the same stories from slightly different viewpoints!)

But seriously,I hope you will have time to add some of your thoughts about these items (maybe things that I have forgotten but will remember when you tell them) either here or as an add-on to the main post...??