Photo by Trent, taken while hiking
at Emerald Lake in
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
03/14/2009



July 3, 2008

PICTURE OF THE DAY -- 07/04/2008

Kinza giving Grandma her birthday cake!

Carol-Ann, Bruce, and Kinza live very close to my mother, so they went over to visit her and took a cake and some red jello -- perfect for Grandma! [Please read yesterday's post to understand about the jello!]


While they were visiting, I called on the telephone to wish her a very happy birthday. Carol-Ann snapped a picture of her talking to me!


Kinza is holding the flowers that were a gift to my mother from all her children and our families.


5 comments:

Renae said...

These are beautiful pictures. What a great idea to get a picture of her talking to you on the phone!

And Kinza - what a beauty! Carol-Ann, you'd better build a high fence.

My daddy would ask if you have a gun and a shovel. ;-)

He's an old police officer, so he can say stuff like that and get away with it.

Charis isn't allowed to think about boys until she is forty. Actually, Mark is praying the rapture will occur on May 11, 2010. One day before her 13th birthday.

Jeanette said...

Ha ha, Renae! I love your rules for Charis! If only it were possible! I think your daddy might just have it right. I liked him right away when I read what you wrote over on your blog about him keeping his police uniform on when boys came to pick you up!

Yes, Kinza is beautiful! She also has an inner beauty and very deep thoughts that make her truly unique! I know Charis does too.

I love the pictures, too! And she just loved the roses and said they are nice firm ones that will stay nice for a long time. I am so pleased!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

My oh my!
Too bad I have to scoot out to work or I could leave a better comment on this one! I'm just snickering away over the shovel part! I've thought of the gun part myself but never had the darkside courage to think about the shovel!

Louise said...

A belated Happy Birthday to my beautiful friend's beautiful Mom.
You and your family are an inspiration Jeanette. May God bless each of you.

Jeanette said...

Hi Louise! I'm so glad to see you again! And thanks for the birthday greetings for my mother. She told me she had a lovely day with a celebration with her friends at church the night before, lunch out with her friend Ruth on her birthday, the flowers and phone calls from all of us, and of course Carol-Ann and her family visiting in the evening.