Photo by Trent, taken while hiking
at Emerald Lake in
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
03/14/2009



July 25, 2008

PICTURE OF THE DAY -- 07/25/2008

Margaret (my mother) and her brother Harper with their grandparents
(Probably around 1925)

I don't know what the occasion was, maybe church on Sunday.
It is always hard to picture your mother as a little girl, but I have an especially hard time imagining her with huge hair bows! Ever since I have known her, she has steadfastly refused any such showy adornments that would call attention to herself!
(But look how cute she is here!)


2 comments:

Renae said...

What a regal looking couple her grandparents were! This a beautiful picture.

Jeanette said...

Yes, they are. I was wishing I had inherited even a tiny bit of Great-grandpa's long fingers -- much better for playing the piano and organ!