Photo by Trent, taken while hiking
at Emerald Lake in
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
03/14/2009



July 11, 2008

PICTURE OF THE DAY -- 07/11/2008

Barry and me on a trip in the mountains ~ 1976

July 15 will be our 30th anniversary, so I want to post a few pictures about us for the next week or so.

It was August, but I was freezing, and Barry loaned me his jacket. We were high up on Trail Ridge Road in the Colorado mountains, and there was still a little snow in shaded places. Besides that, I had just changed continents and was still used to tropical temperatures.

This picture was taken a few days before Barry asked me to marry him.

(Paula, Barry's sister, is on the left side of the picture.)


4 comments:

Renae said...

Oh, how romantic!!!

Jeanette said...

We could have been anywhere, with nothing, and I would have thought it was romantic! I was an extremely low-maintenance girlfriend!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

This just shows how one can be fooled by a picture! My first thought when I clicked on was, "How could they EVER let Coral sit on the edge of a cliff like that by herself!" Then I realized the person I thought was Coral looks like Coral NOW and you and Barry look like you did in newly-wed days!

Jeanette said...

I know what you mean about the girl in the picture. I have no idea who she is!