Photo by Trent, taken while hiking
at Emerald Lake in
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
03/14/2009



May 3, 2008

PICTURE OF THE DAY -- 05/03/2008


A typical scene from our dining room when Coral and Trent were young!

Coral is holding Sally, a little doll that Barry brought home for her from a convention he went to in Nashville. Sally was just the right size, shape, and weight for Coral to hold easily, and she went everywhere with Coral until the unhappy day when one of her companions riding the accessible van to school gave Sally too much love, and she tore apart, limb from limb! We made a desperate trip to the store and found Rainbow Brite -- also just the right size and shape with long orange hair perfect for holding! She became the new "Sally" and thankfully lasted as long as Coral needed her!

(I just love that special face Trent is making for the camera!)


4 comments:

Louise said...

A life in pictures ... I've been sorting through old photos to put in albums for my Mom, my husband's Mom and my Uncle. I find myself wondering, if the world lasts another 50 years, who will be interested in seeing all these photos? I want to add names and as much information as I can to each one so that folks who may see them will know who they are and that they were important to those who loved them.

Don't you want to sometimes just reach back in time and experience some things all over again? We do that in pictures.

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Mr. Rubber Lips!

John Cowart said...

Hi Jeanette,

Just followed the link over from your comment on Amerita's blog in India.

I especially like your post about "grossly normal"; that one says a lot to me.

Jeanette said...

Hi John! I'm so glad you dropped by my blog! Thanks for your very encouraging comment on my "grossly normal" post. I hope you will come to visit again!