Photo by Trent, taken while hiking
at Emerald Lake in
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
03/14/2009



May 8, 2008

PICTURE OF THE DAY -- 05/08/2008


One more picture of my Mum and Dad.
A little celebration of 40 years as missionaries in Liberia.

This was taken in the living room/dining room of the house where I grew up. No caterer, no music, no balloons. No rich food, fancy cake, or flowery speeches.
Just a little handmade sign -- "40 YEARS" -- and the love of friends and family.

If you could zoom in on the picture, you would see whitewashed mud walls, a cement floor with the surface long worn off, a ceiling with big watermarks from the tropical downpours, and insects everywhere (no getting rid of them!).

Don't store up your treasures on earth. Instead, store them up in heaven where moth and rust won't destroy them and where thieves can't break in and steal... because your heart will be where your treasure is. (Matt. 6:20-21)



4 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Let's see ... 40 years ... time is a thief and a creeper and yet, all the while, the most precious gift we have! 40 years seemed like an incredible stretch of time but already half of that has passed again! They had 10 more years together and 10 more again now since Pops died! Just amazing!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

By the way, I do still have that set of drawers I was telling you about on yesterday's pic of the day! I will take a series of snaps when I have the battery in my camera charged. Don't hold yer breath sis! You know me!

Jeanette said...

That's okay! I'm glad you still have it, though. Whenever you can will be fine.

(PS: Just in case you missed it, late last night Carol-Ann gave lots of very fun info about our dad which is in the comments section on yesterday's picture.)

Louise said...

Oh, what a precious, beautiful picture. What a blessing to put all these photos and their stories in an album for others to read.
Bless you my friend!