Photo by Trent, taken while hiking
at Emerald Lake in
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
03/14/2009



May 21, 2008

PICTURE OF THE DAY -- 05/21/2008


I promised earlier to post a picture of Coral when she was real little doing one of her favorite things. She spent a lot of time on the floor and got quite adept at scooting herself around the house, maneuvering through doorways, and pretty much going wherever I was.

Reading the newspaper was her absolute favorite thing! Well, that's what it looks like, anyway! Here is Trent trying to figure out what his sister is doing. She loved to get ahold of the paper and tear it into little pieces. She loved the ripping sound and thought it was hilarious to "make a mess!" Her hands would get all black from the newspaper ink, but we always let her do it because she had such a ball!

(My favorite things in this picture: Coral's cute little feet, and Trent's adorable red rompers!)


2 comments:

Renae said...

Foster's favorite thing, when he was barely crawling, was the broom. One of his first words was, "brrrrrroooom," and he would roll his r's, like he was Spanish! He scooted around on the kitchen floor with that broom.

I just knew I was going to have a built-in housekeeper when he got a little older. But alas, the fascination faded.

I love that you let her make a mess! I do the same thing with my kids. The clean-up is almost always worth the delight of watching them laugh and have fun.

Jeanette said...

I love this story about Foster! Aren't kids great? No two alike!